Friday, April 29, 2011

Change of Plans

This past week has been very crazy due to the storms that blew through here on Monday and Tuesday. My family spent a good portion of our time in the basement of the church across the street from us. With that being said, I was not prepared for Wednesday night's youth group. So what do you do when you are not prepared? You plan a movie night, right? So that is exactly what I did. We were going to watch “Facing the Giants”. There were some new faces in the group. As I started, I felt the Holy Spirit telling me that I need to give a message instead of the movie… So I shifted gears. And I am so glad I did! As I walked to my office to get my Bible, I asked the Lord what He wanted to speak on, only one message came to mind. It was a message I gave during my last chapel service in college back in 2003. It was on judging people. I shared with them that people judge based on outer appearance whereas God looks on the heart, 1 Samuel 16:7. As I watched their faces, I could tell that a couple of students where struggling with some things in their lives. Some of these kids have had a very hard time in their short lives. I told them that while they are at our church, they would not find judgement, but they would find love and acceptance. But more importantly they will find love and acceptance with Jesus Christ. Then shared the gospel with them. As I closed, I asked if anyone would be bold enough to raise their hand if they had never asked Christ for forgiveness of their sins. One student, with tears in her eyes, raised her hand. Then I said them: “For those of you, who just raised your hands, do want the love and forgiveness that is found in Jesus Christ?” And that student, with tears streaming down her face, raised her hand once again. We prayed and this young student gave her life to Christ. I was and still am amazed how God moved that night. I had my plans but He had His! One the greatest things I learned was that I need to follow the Spirit's leading and be willing to change my plan at any given moment. I'm so glad there was a "Change of Plans!"

What about you, has God ever changed your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment