Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Understanding My Fathers Love

I love it when I have one of those moments that God speaks to me in a wonderful way, don't you? I had one of those “God Moments” this morning. I was spending time in His word when Caitlyn, my two year old, started crying in her bed. I went in to check on her to make sure she was ok. I calmed her down, got her back into bed, kissed her and left her room. About ten minutes later I heard the pitter patter of her little feet walking down the hallway. I looked over and saw her heading straight for me with her cup in one hand and Max, her stuffed dog, in the other. She was grinning from ear to ear and then I heard one of the sweetest sounds: “Hey Da”! Walking over to her she said: “take nap on couch.” Grinning I responded: “No sweetpea, its nite nite time.” I took her by her little hand and led her back to her room as she graciously replied: “OK”. As she climbed back into her little bed she said: “Da sing Barney!” I laughed and started singing to her as she looked up at me smiling. It was such a sweet sight to see my little girl’s big brown eyes looking up at me. After singing Barney and Jesus Loves Me, she patted her pillow and said: “Sleep”. She wanted me lay next to her. So I laid my head on her pillow and she moved closer to me as to say, I feel safe now that you are here daddy. And with that, my sweet lil Caitlyn Grace fell asleep.

As I walked out her room, I looked back at her with her lil hands folded under her chin and I thought to myself… “I sure do love that sweet lil girl!” It was at that moment that I felt God saying to me: “Jacob that is the way I love you! I love it when you come to me knowing that you are safe when you are with me. Everything you just felt is how I feel about you, except I love you more than you love that little girl.” I was and still am in awe of the love that the Father has for me! I believe that He wanted me to get a glimpse of how much He loves it when I spend time with Him! All I could say was “Thank you Lord for showing me a glimpse of your heart and loving me.” This morning I really felt like I was completely “In His Grip!” He is an amazing Father and His love is so indescribable!

How has the Lord spoken to lately? I would love to hear your stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment